History

Seletar Airport was built in 1929 and completed by the British just before the Second World War, when it served as a military base. In 1968, it was handed over to the then Department Of Civil Aviation (DCA) to manage. DCA became a statutory board known as the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, which continued to manage the airport until the formation of Changi Airport Group on 1 July 2009.

Spanning 160 hectares in the north eastern part of Singapore, Seletar Airport is managed by Changi Airport Group and is home to international aircraft charters, private flights, medical evacuation, maintenance, repair and overhauls as well as freighter operations.